Happy Blue Jays Friday all! Crossing my fingers they win, but it’s not looking too good right now.
My cousin Katie who lives out west in Nelson, BC sent me this article a couple of weeks ago, and I have been trying to find the time to post it. It warmed my heart that she thought of me and sent it my way – thank you so much cousin!
This article discusses 20 tips for those like myself who are living with chronic pain / illness, and I 100% agree with and have felt every single one of these. I’m hoping one or more of these points will help heal others as well.
1. Your body is not the enemy.
2. It’s not your fault that you have health problems.
3. Don’t spend your precious energy worrying what others think of your illness.
4. Forgive yourself – over and over and over again.
5. Stick with those who support you.
6. Expect to be let down by family and friends now and then.
7. With practice, you can turn anger and resentment into feeling happy for others.
8. Teach yourself to ask for help.
9. It’s ok to feel lonely.
10. Help others when you can.
11. Remember that even if you regained your health, your life would not be perfect. *** this one is HUGE for me!!***
12. Don’t forget to thank your caregivers.
13. Patience truly is a virtue.
14. Realistically assess what you have to give up, and work on letting go gracefully so you can begin a new life.
15. When your body says no, you say no.
16. Don’t feel bad if you’re not a member of the outside workforce.
17. It’s ok to feel fed up sometimes.
18. Become your own unconditional ally.
19. Accepting that life is uncertain and unpredictable, and doesn’t always conform to your wishes, is the first step towards making peace with your circumstances.
20. Never forget, that despite your health challenges, you are still a WHOLE PERSON.
Thanks for stopping by!